The club was established as Petyrch Lawn Tennis Club in 1920 on grass courts just south of Pentyrch Primary School on Bronllwyn.
Like many other clubs, PLTC folded during WWII. The club eventually restarted post war in 1950 but sadly folded again 5 years later.
1980 saw PTC relaunch on its present site.
1996 was the year that Taff Ely Council granted a 999 year lease to the club and its current location.
The courts were resurfaced in 2001 following a grant from the Foundation for the Sports & Arts.
2007 saw the old portakabin be replaced by a new timber pavillion.
2014 was when the new club logo was launched. 2014 was also the year that floodlights were installed on all three of the courts at the club.
April 2015 saw the official opening of the floodlights. As if this wasn't enough, PTC also made it's TV debut in this year when it featured in Made in Cardiff's weekly sports show 'Left field right pitch'.
2020 will be the club's centenary.